ADVERTISEMENT OF POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
(Business Office/De Queen Campus, 12 Month Classified Position)
This position is responsible for financial information for the college and preparing reports related to grant programs, reconciling bank accounts, checking and correcting coding of accounts payable and receivable items. This position works closely with the Vice Chancellor for Finance and all Grant Administrators, as well as Club Sponsors. This position is governed by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP),state and federal laws, and university policy.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Similar Related Business Field
• Knowledge of manual and automated account systems
• Ability to interpret and apply provisions of laws, rules, or policies to accounting transactions
• Ability to analyze financial information and prepare reports and meet all deadlines
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel Spreadsheets
• Must be able to work independently and exercise sound judgment
• Must be able to work in a team environment utilizing effective communication skills
• At least one year of previous accounting experience preferred
$30,713 annually, plus an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, and life and LTD insurances, retirement plan, paid vacation and sick leave, and educational assistance for employees and their dependents.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 4:30 pm; or until position is filled.
To apply, submit a completed application, cover letter, updated resume, unofficial copies of transcripts, and copies of any current certifications held. Return application packets by e-mail to email@example.com, by fax to 870-642-6864, or by mail to UA Cossatot, Attn: Human Resources, 183 College Drive, De Queen, AR 71832. Applications can be downloaded at http://www.cccua.edu/jobs Employment Opportunities link, or call 870-584-1104, or 870-584-1164 to request one. In-house applicants must submit a detailed resume and cover letter to the human resource office.
UA Cossatot is an EEO/ADA/AA employer. Qualified minorities are encouraged to apply.